Pastor Appreciation Month has only two more Sundays in it. This weekend, why not take a few minutes to say something like these statements to your pastor? Here they are, with little commentary.
- I thank God for you. Mean it, and do thank God. Then tell your pastor.
- I’m glad you’re our pastor. It’s a simple statement, but it can give your pastor hope.
- I’ve got your back. Every pastor needs to know he has this kind of support.
- I love you and your family. You’ll touch your pastor’s heart if you express love for his family.
- I appreciate the work you do each week to prepare sermons. Few of us know the work that goes into sermon preparation.
- I pray for you every day. If you’re not doing this, start today.
- Thank you for preaching the Word. Some pastors don’t, you know . . .
- I live a holier life because of your teaching. Every once in a while, it’s good to hear that your preaching makes a difference.
- I trust you as you lead us. A spiritual leader needs to hear these words.
- Let me treat you to lunch today. Then, hand him a gift card for his family to have lunch together.
Make an extra effort to say something kind to your pastor this weekend. Direct others to this list, and then shower him with love.