I know it’s the Christmas season, but this post focuses on the topic of resurrection. However, it’s not about the resurrection of Jesus; it’s about the enemy’s wanting to “resurrect” issues in the lives of believers. Here are some things the enemy wants to resurrect in your life, especially if you’re a church leader:
- Yesterday’s sin. God’s forgiven it, and He remembers it no more – but the enemy never wants you to let it go. He wants to raise it in your head every day.
- Yesterday’s missed opportunity. It’s so easy to second-guess past decisions, especially when the decision you did make has led to difficulty. The enemy’s in that kind of thinking.
- Yesterday’s relationship(s). It’s the devil who leads you to think about that person in your past, even though one or both of you is now married to someone else.
- Yesterday’s church. The congregation that drove you crazy years before sometimes seems so much better after you’ve left it – and the demons delight when they consequently distract you from your current responsibilities.
- Yesterday’s successes. That’s one of the ways the enemy hangs us in our own pride. He reminds us of how good we used to be.
- Yesterday’s wounds. Most of us have emotional scars that can become prime targets for the forces of evil. Bitterness always harms our leadership, and the enemy knows that fact.
- Yesterday’s images. When unsolicited, unsought pornographic images suddenly show up in your head out of nowhere, the demons are resurrecting your past.
- Yesterday’s fears. We often grow out of the fears that stifled us as young leaders, but Satan has a way of bringing them to life again.
- Yesterday’s dreams. Few of us have lived up to all our dreams of yesteryear. When Satan resurrects them, he reminds us of our failure to reach them.
- Yesterday’s anger. We think we let it go, but the enemy knows which buttons to push to raise again these ungodly emotions.
Here’s the point: we who are followers of Jesus serve the one and only, true and living, miraculously resurrected God. Trust that truth, and don’t give Satan the power of resurrection in your life.