Life seems crazy some days. Sometimes, we weep and rejoice in the same day. We trust and we question in the same hour—if not the same minute—when things don’t make sense. No matter how long I’ve been a Christian, I need these reminders to which I cling today:
- God doesn’t always operate according to my calendar and clock. He’s not obligated to work according to my time schedule.
- God isn’t worried. About anything. I might be, but He’s not. Period.
- The devil is not winning. It seems at times like he is, but God is still in charge. Hell will not prevail.
- Jesus loves me. This I know, for the Bible tells me so.
- Great is God’s faithfulness. Morning by morning, new mercies I see. Every morning.
- I cannot expect God to ignore my disobedience. Grace has never given us permission to live in rebellion.
- God forgives. He really does. Completely.
- The church is God’s bride. That’s hard to believe, actually, given how goofy we can be.
- God still works miracles. It’s easier to make that statement than to believe it when hope seems to be disappearing, but I must hold tightly to its truth.
- Jesus is coming back. Even so, come Lord Jesus.