READING: Ephesians 5:16
God gives all of us the same amount of time, but we don’t all use that time equally wisely. Some of us waste much more time than we care to admit—and then we find excuses not to fit our devotional time into the day. Here, though, is one suggestion for dealing with this time issue: find and use your “10-minute segments” wisely to spend time with God.
It seems to me that all of us can find 10-minute blocks throughout the day to spend at least a few minutes with God. In each 10-minute block (and I encourage you to find more than one each day), you can:
- read chapters of the Bible
- focus the entire time on praising God, confessing sin, or interceding for others
- work on memorizing a scripture verse
- journal about what God is doing in your life
- sit quietly and just meditate on the majesty of God
- read a devotional book entry, etc.
I am convinced that if we learn to use our 10-minute blocks well, we will long to spend even more time with God. Give it a shot today—watch for those segments of time, and turn your attention to God!
PRAYER: “God, help me to redeem the time You give me, beginning with my 10-minute times.”
TOMORROW’S READING: Exodus 8-10, Matthew 18:10-35