Let me open my heart a minute. I’m praying and asking God to change the heart of a great friend, and sometimes I have to work hard at trusting and believing. When I do, it’s helpful for me to remember these kinds of miracles I’ve seen as a pastor:
- Men freed from pornography. Some of us thought it would never happen, but it did.
- Adulterous marriages healed. They’ve sometimes been headed directly to divorce, and God turned them around.
- Angry men and women changed. I’ve seen them melted by the gospel in such a way that their anger becomes sweetness and joy.
- Atheists made whole. Somehow, God made Himself known to them, and they could no longer deny His existence.
- Shy, almost backward believers turned to strong preachers. Once they get to the pulpit, it’s clear the Spirit has worked and is working in their lives.
- Hardened hearts melted. Like my dad’s. We prayed for him for 36 years before God dramatically and completely saved him.
- “Religious” people given life. They’d been faithful to all they knew, and they assumed they were okay with God – until the gospel truly grabbed their heart.
- Rebellious teens following God’s call. They drove their parents crazy, but then they clearly sensed God’s hand on their lives. Everything changed.
- Drug and alcohol addicts released from their bondages. I’ve experienced this miracle in my own family. God is good.
- Hateful enemies turned to godly friends. It’s amazing whenever I see it. Two people who couldn’t stand each other are now united and working together under the call of the gospel.
- Neglectful, distant parents changed to loving, giving parents. I’ve seen them so changed that their kids almost didn’t recognize them.
- Fractured churches restored. The battles may have been going on for decades, but then the Spirit of God somehow overwhelmed them.
So, today, I need to keep praying for my friend and trusting God.
What miracles have you seen?