READING: Exodus 7-9, Psalm 105, Ephesians 1
These words and phrases echo throughout Ephesians 1 – a fact that means we need to hear them:
- “To the faithful saints in Christ Jesus” (Eph 1:1)
- “. . . who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens in Christ” (1:3)
- “For he chose us in him” (1:4)
- “He predestined us to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ for himself” (1:5)
- “to the praise of his glorious grace that he lavished on us in the Beloved One” (1:6)
- “In him we have redemption through his blood” (1:7)
- “according to his good pleasure that he purposed in Christ as a plan for the right time—to bring everything together in Christ, both things in heaven and things on earth in him.” (1:9-10)
- “In him we have also received an inheritance” (1:11)
- “In him you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (1:13)
Jesus Christ is our Redeemer those whose blood we’ve been saved. We’re the children of God through Him. Our very identity is in Him. Indeed, our eternity rests in Him; He holds everything together.
The story is always, always, always about Jesus—not about us. It would probably do us good to remember that truth.
PRAYER: “Help me, Jesus, to give all my attention to You. All praise I give to You.”
TOMORROW’S READING: Exodus 10-12, Ephesians 2