READING: 2 Chronicles 6-9, Acts 3:11-4:22
Today, I’m pleading with God to answer a prayer about a friend who needs to turn to Jesus. As I read Solomon’s prayer at the temple, I’m reminded of how many times he prayed God would hear prayers sent His way:
- “Listen to your servant’s prayer and his petition, Lord my God, so that you may hear the cry and the prayer that your servant prays before you.” (2 Chron 6:19)
- “Hear the petitions of your servant and your people Israel, which they pray toward this place. May you hear in your dwelling place in heaven. May you hear and forgive.” (2 Chron 6:21)
- “May you hear in heaven . . .” (2 Chron 6:23, 25, 27, 30, 33)
- “May you hear their prayer and petition in heaven” (2 Chron 6:35, 39)
- “Now, my God, please let your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayer of this place.” (2 Chron 6:40)
What drives me to keep praying is the knowledge that God does indeed hear the cries of His faithful people. We can run to Him, knowing His faithful love truly does endure forever (2 Chron 7:3).
PRAYER: “God, I join Solomon in praying, ‘Please hear in heaven.’”
DAILY ACTION STEP: Would you echo a prayer for my friend today, too?
TOMORROW’S READING: 2 Chronicles 10-13, Acts 4:23-5:11