I keep this list handy for whenever I need it (in fact, I’ve posted it on this site before). Here are reasons I’m grateful this Thanksgiving Day!
- God has separated me from my sin an immeasurable distance: “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:12).
- He has dropped my sin to the bottom of the ocean: “You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea” (Micah 7:19b).
- He has blotted out my sin: “It is I who blots out your transgressions for My own sake” (Isaiah 43:25b).
- He remembers my sin no more: “For I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sin” (Jeremiah 31:34b).
- He has cleansed my sin: “Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they will be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18).
- He has cast my sin behind His back: “for You have thrown all my sins behind Your back” (Isaiah 38:17).
- He has forgiven and covered my sins: “How joyful are those whose lawless acts are forgiven and whose sins are covered!” (Romans 4:7).
- He does not count my sin against me: “That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them” (2 Corinthians 5:19).
- He laid all my sin upon His Son: “We all went astray like sheep; we all have turned to our own way; and the Lord has punished Him for the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53:6).
- He takes away my sin: “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Here is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!’” (John 1:29).
2020 has been a crazy year, but I’m thankful for God’s consistent, seeking, overwhelming, forgiving love!
Readers, I’m thankful for you, too. Happy Thanksgiving from Pam and me!