Sometimes life is overwhelming. Things out of our control unexpectedly happen. Responsibilities increase. Time seems way too short. Rest is fleeting. When I find myself in one of these situations, I try to remind myself of these truths:
- God is still in control. My life might seem chaotic, but God’s still sovereign.
- God is not worried. That’s why it’s sin for me to worry.
- God can handle my burdens. His shoulders are much bigger than mine.
- God loves me so much His Son died for me. That simple truth is still powerfully comforting.
- God’s mercies are renewed every day. When the sun comes up, it’s a new day no matter what I face.
- God is still conforming me to the image of His Son. And, He uses all the craziness of life to move me in that direction.
- God has never let me down in the past. Like the psalmist, I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken.
- God lives in me. He indwells me through His Spirit—and that miraculous truth gives me peace.
- God sees the bigger picture. He knows how the seemingly disconnected puzzle pieces of my life today fit into His puzzle.
- God is the story—not I. My responsibility is simply to trust Him.
If your life is overwhelming today, I pray these words help you today.