READING: Genesis 32:1-35:27
Today, I look around and see God’s blessings everywhere.
- I’m God’s child. Forgiven and loved.
- I have full access to the Word of God. In my language. In my hands. Increasingly, in my mind and heart.
- I have the sweetest wife ever who loves me with an undying love.
- We have a roof over our head, food on our table, automobiles in our garage, and funds in the bank.
- In these crazy days of COVID, we’ve been healthy all the way through the pandemic.
- I have the privilege of preaching, teaching, and serving missionaries each day – all three things I LOVE to do.
- We have a home church we’ve grown to love deeply.
- I can tell story after story of God’s miraculously responding to our prayers, including His saving both my parents late in life.
- I know all that God has brought us through in all these years, including health scares, multiple moves, and career questions.
- I get to do all I do without threat on my life for my Christian stances.
- If I were to die today, I know without question I would be with God who loves me.
I could review God’s goodness for weeks on end, but for this day I’m simply agreeing with Jacob’s words to God as he prepared to meet his brother, Esau: “ I am not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness you have shown to me, your servant” (Gen 32:10).
I am not worthy of all God has shown me. Amen.
PERSONAL REFLECTION: How much time do you spend reflecting on God’s daily blessings in your life?
TODAY’S PRAYER: “God, I have no words except ‘thank You’ today.”
TOMORROW’S READING: Genesis 36:1-19; 1 Chronicles 1:35-37; Genesis 36:20-30; 1 Chronicles 1:38-42; Genesis 36:31-43; 1 Chronicles 1:43–2:2