READING: 2 Chronicles 8-12
The temple was finished. The long-lasting dream had become reality. The text is clear, in fact: “All of Solomon’s work was carried out from the day the foundation was laid for the Lord’s temple until it was finished. So the Lord’s temple was completed” (2 Chron 8:16). As one writer put it, “Solomon proved himself faithful in his commission, and the subsequent details of his reign (8:17–9:28) represent God’s blessing on his obedience (see 1:12).”*
The question for me based on my reading today is, “Have I completed everything God has given me to do?” For me, that question moves in many directions, including:
- What unfinished tasks do I have that still await my next efforts?
- What task have I delayed doing for some reason?
- What step of obedience should I take today that I have not yet taken?
- What task am I still working on, recognizing God may take His time in helping me complete something?
- How many times have I started something without finishing it?
Whatever the issues may be for me, I pray God will find me faithful to Him and to the work He has given me. I pray the same for you.
PERSONAL REFLECTION: What incomplete tasks do you have in your life?
DAILY PRAYER: “Father, help to complete something for Your glory today.”
TOMORROW’S READING: 2 Chronicles 13-17
* Crossway Bibles. (2008). The ESV Study Bible (p. 753). Crossway Bibles.