Getting ready to gather with God’s people is an important step before you go to church this weekend. Here are 10 “not’s” to remember as you go:
- I have not prepared for worship if I haven’t prayed beforehand.
- Church is not about me.
- I cannot worship well if I have unconfessed, unforsaken sin in my life.
- Worship through music is not about my preferences.
- I do not know all the burdens my pastor carries to the pulpit.
- The Bible is not just a book.
- The gospel is not intended to make me feel comfortable.
- I have not given sacrificially to God’s work until it costs me something.
- If nothing changes in my life after the service, I have not genuinely worshiped God.
- Many believers around the world will not have the privilege of worshiping that I have.
What "not's" would you add to this list?