I’ve written it before, and I’ll say it again today: we need to pray for each other proactively, not just reactively; that is, we must pray for each other before the enemy wins. Every day, it becomes more apparent to me that all of us who lead in Christian work need prayer warriors intentionally praying for us. Here’s why:
- The battle is real. Paul wasn’t kidding when he said that we wrestle against principalities and powers (Eph. 6:12).
- Temptations are everywhere. We can’t avoid them, and we’re not strong enough in our own power to fight them.
- The enemy particularly comes after leaders (see here to learn of particular ways). He knows that followers lose heart when leaders struggle.
- The battle doesn’t get easier. It might change over the years, but it doesn’t get easier.
- We’re all vulnerable. Every one of us.
So, who’s praying for you today?