I believe it’s always good to do self-evaluation as a leader. Whatever your leadership position is, I encourage you to use these statements as part of your devotional time today. Let the Holy Spirit speak into your life, and be honest about whether these statements reflect your life:
- _____ I sometimes forget that the church is God’s church rather than mine.
- _____ I get impatient with God; I want the church to grow now.
- _____ I pray so little that I’m leading the church in my own power.
- _____ I am growing as both a Christian and a leader.
- _____ I want my church to evangelize, but I’m not setting the example.
- _____ I would not want my church members to know the truth about my devotional life.
- _____ I want more human recognition for my efforts and success as a leader.
- _____ I don’t really love my church.
- _____ I fear that someone will find out about my private life.
- _____ I’m committed to my church, and I’m excited about the future.
- _____ I wish I had more authority in my church.
- _____ My family might wonder if I should have a leadership position at all.
Let us know how we might pray for you after you’ve completed the evaluation.