I love the Christmas season. I always did, even before I followed Christ – but knowing the One who is the reason for Christmas makes my excitement pure joy. That doesn’t mean, though, that I never grieve during this season. Over the next several days, in fact, I’ll take time to pray for the issues listed below.
- For the billions of people in the world who’ve never heard of Jesus
- For the thousands of missionaries who are serving far from their families of origin
- For pastors and church leaders who want to celebrate, but whose ministry situations are painful and discouraging
- For pastors who have no ministry, but who long to be preaching somewhere this season
- For the members of my church who are working to invite friends and co-workers to attend church with them this weekend
- For my neighbors and friends who seemingly have no intention to attend church this weekend
- For my pastor and other leaders who will be leading our church to worship God today
- For senior adults and others I know who would long to be in church today, but who cannot physically get there
- For all the pastors and others leading Christmas Eve services tonight
- For non-believers who are even thinking about attending a Christmas Eve service tonight – that they might attend, hear, and be converted
- For thanksgiving and gratitude – thanking God for sending His Son to us
- For families who can barely afford to put food on the table, much less celebrate Christmas with gifts
Would you join me in praying? In inviting others to pray?